May 6, 2021
Since ages, loved and blessed, this marvel of weave is being handed down from generations to generations. An artifact that arises from the grace of many divine goddesses.
6 yards of elegance and versatility, the Indian saree is a style statement in itself. And if a saree once, it is sure to hold a relic-like value in your wardrobe. Here are some tips and tricks you can use to recycle the beautiful old relics of your wardrobe, this mother’s day and turn them into trend setting pieces of fashion.
SPICING UP THE ETHNICS
Lehengas and ghagras are every woman’s guilty pleasure. Splurging insane amount of money just to get that perfect twirl moment is something all of us have done. Here is an effective way to get that perfect designer lehenga using your mom’s old saree.
Duppattas and scarves are easy extractions from an old saree, they also happens to work wonders when paired with plain kurtas and tees. To recycle an old, brittle yet beautiful silk saree, cutting out scarves off it is the best method to keep its beauty intact.
TRADITIONAL WITH THE TREND
A flowy, bright skirt is the most comfortable and preferred outfit in summers. Long, silhouetted, maxi dresses are every girl’s fashion forward friend when it comes to beach getaways. Every girl in the world loves a skirt with a pretty twirls, a quirky pair of shorts and a long, elegant dress; so during this Corona virus summer indulge in unique and amazing technique to create skirts, quirky shorts and dresses using your mom’s old saree.
With the 90s fashions taking over the world, scrunchies and headbands have made a glorious comeback. Since the world seems to be crushing on the fluffy and cute scrunchies and the enchanting headbands, NOW conjure those trendy scrunchies and headbands this summer, using bits from your mom’s gorg old sarees.
WHY SHOULD GIRLS HAVE ALL THE FUN?
When it comes to mom’s old saree the girls always seem to have the highest preference of claiming the marvel in upholstery, but it is easy for boys too to stand a chance and style your moms old saree as a beautiful safa or turban. To keep things simple patkas and scarves can also be extracted from saress to add a little sparkle to the plain dhoti kurta
It is sheer injustice to consider your mom’s old saree as a mere piece of drapery; it is indeed a form of divine blessing from the hearts of many super stris. To be able to create art using that 6-yard of blessing is truly marvelous.
This mother’s day create fashion using the purest blessing, and adorn those marvelous pieces of fashion by inculcating pieces of jewels from Strivaasa’s collection.
Article by our #SuperStri A.Amitabh
May 6, 2021
Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn’t grow under my heart
But in it.
– Fleur Conkling Heyliger
A mother does not always have to be the one who gives birth to a child. She could be anyone who takes care of a child even if they are not connected biologically. Even Lord Krishna had two mothers, one who gave him birth Devaki, and the other Yashodha Maa who took care of him and protected him. The connection might not be by blood but it is from the heart and that is the purest thing in the world. So, this Mother’s Day let’s celebrate every mother.
Let us take a look at some of the Yashodha Maa’s of this generation:
- Non-binary Mother: Gauri Sawant, a non-binary activist proved us that motherhood has no particular gender. She is the first non-binary mother in India. In an interview Gauri said,” Motherhood is beyond gender; it is more of a behaviour. It was beyond any label which decided whether I could or could not be a mother. It is a feeling of caring and nurturing another individual and it can be experienced by anyone, not just the one who gave birth to the individual in question” . She adopted 16-year-old Gayatri, who was orphaned after her mother expired due to HIV.
- Mother Teresa: A Roman Catholic nun who devoted her life to care and serve the destitute and dying people around the world. She spent many years in Kolkata, India where she founded The Missionaries of Charity, a religious congregation devoted to helping those in great need and to look after abandoned babies. As Mother Teresa said herself, “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread” , she looked after the people like a mother looks after her child. She was a living saint, a true definition of a mother.
- Single Mother: According to the Juvenile Justice Act, amended in 2006, adoption means, “The process through which the adopted child is permanently separated from his biological parents and becomes the legitimate child of his adoptive parents with all the rights, privileges and responsibilities that are attached with the relationship.”  Single women can adopt a child by following the guidelines of the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA), which is an autonomous body governed by the Ministry of Women & Child Development. Sushmita Sen is one of the biggest examples of a single mother. She adopted two girls, Renee in 2000 and Alisah in 2010. In an interview, she opposed the generalised views of adoption as an act of charity instead for her it was a matter of celebrating motherhood.
- Sapphist Mothers: Sapphist mothers either go for adoption or one mother is genetically connected to the child while the other one is a non-biological mother. In India a sapphist couple can’t adopt a child but a single sapphist can adopt a child. However, in many countries its allowed. Usually, the non-biological mother is made invisible by the law and frequently by society in general. All the legal rights of the child are given to the mother who is genetically connected to the child, still the non-biological mother loves the child likes her own.
- Unmarried Fathers: Lastly, how can we forget about the single/unmarried fathers who have acted like mothers? ‘A father cannot be enough for a child, a child needs a mother’, this phrase has been proven wrong many times. With the right parenting, a father can be a mother too for his child. One example is Karan Johar who recently became a father of twins through surrogacy. It is a common belief that a mother can only take responsibility for taking care of the kid or a mother is a better parent than a father. However, times have changed, these days many men are becoming single dads either because of surrogacy or by custody of the kid.
Having a mother is great, but having someone who genuinely cares about you, looks after you, guides you just like a mother does is a blessing. Everyone has a mother who is not genetically connected to them. That person could be anyone, it could be a maternal aunt or a paternal aunt (a bhua or a maasi), a father or a brother, a teacher or a roommate, a friend or a sister, anyone who gives a motherly feeling.
Strivaasa appreciates every mother and is celebrating them this Mother’s Day. Join the Strivaasa community by gifting your mother Strivaasa Jewellery.
Comment below and let us know about your Yashodha Maa.
Article by #SuperStri: Rupinder Kaur (Instagram handle: @rup_k_)
May 4, 2021
The powerful and kind
The one who loved you
Even before your fingers with her intertwined
They say life doesn’t come with a manual; it comes with a mom-ual. A mother is synonym to true love, sacrifice, compassion and selflessness. The marvel of motherhood is beyond the concepts of matter and science, abstract and pure. Celebrate the love for your mother, this mother’s day with these fabulous quarantine date ideas.
- The Movie Date
Whether you’re apart or together this Mother’s Day, connect with your mom with these amazing movies.
- English Vinglish
- Nil Battey Sannata
- Badhai Ho
- The Sound of Music
- Yes Day
- The Parent Trap
- The Softening Spa-at-home
The Super Stri that catalyses the functioning of our homes effortlessly, deserves a good, relaxing me time. This quarantine mother’s day be your mom’s personal masseuse and beautician with these easy, DIY unwinding home treatments.
- For the ultimate glow givin’ face mask, mix 1tbsp of turmeric powder with honey and rosewater, apply a thick paste and rinse it with cold water.
- For the perfectly hydrated and dewy skin, try the mocha mask. Mix 1 tbsp of instant coffee/cocoa powder with honey an curd to from a thick paste, put it on for 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water and enjoy the plum and delicious skin.
- For a complete recline, there is nothing better than a mini pedicure. Soak your feet in warm water and Himalayan pink salt, followed by a mild foot scrub for an ecstatic experience.
- The Teatime Together
What sounds better than a steaming cup of tea, moist cakes and confections with hot gossips and reminiscing the old days with your mom on a pleasant evening? Try these finger licking good tea cake recipes to compliment the juiciest gossip session.
- The Classic Vanilla cake, airy, creamy and delicious
- The tangy lemon loaf cake
- The evergreen sugar cookie
- The Jesting Gym date
Corona virus has locked the nation down in their homes, walks around the block and early morning jogs are a rare sight. An enjoyable and recreational workout plan for you and your mom to enjoy the adrenaline together is a perfect way to bond while keeping your endorphins up. This mother’s day sweat it out, with our easy workout plan.
- Switch on the flexibility with Riya Ranka’s classical Surya Namaskar
- Get your sweat going for that healthy bod’ with the fitness challenge by CureFit. 
- A full body dance never hurt anyone, spare 24 minutes each day to try this amazing full body workout. 
Considering, than one should never go empty handed for a date, so to turn on a little extra charm and take along a lovely piece of jewel from Strivaasa’s enchanting treasury for your leading lady, for your pillar of strength as a token of gratitude, for your mom. Since no piece of treasure can compare to the gift of life she has presented us with but a tiny box by Strivaasa is sure to put a bright smile on her face.
Article by #SuperStri: A.Amitabh (@aamitabhinpen)
February 18, 2021
8th March is celebrated as International Women’s Day around the world. This specially curated day is to bring light to and focus on improving issues around women; gender inequality and women empowerment. Thousands of men, women and brands associate with this day to remind the women that they are important and VALUED.
Here are some ways a brand can showcase their appreciation towards their their SUPER STRI’S, their employees:
- Appreciate female employees on social media: Launch a photography campaign to highlight women employees in your office. Take creative pictures of female staff members and showcase the roles and importance they play in your organization. Share these pictures on your social media profiles to highlight your company as a friendly place for women.
- Momentary Switch off : All those so called ‘working women’ have a minimum of two jobs. One that they professionally look into and earn for the family and second is all their home chores as a mother, wife, sister and likes. Women Need a day for themselves or a day to be pampered. Give them a day off or host a tea/spa party in the office. Allow them to de-stress.
- Menstrual Leave: Organizations across the word are initiating Menstrual Leave as a paid leave; here every women can get 1 day leave/women from home without getting a pay cut. This year, implement the same in your organization as well. Show your true support towards women by understanding their conditions. Organizations like Zomato, Gozoop Online Pvt Ltd, Fly My Biz have incorporated this in their calendar.
- Have a Family Day at the office: Ask employees (both male and female) to bring an important female family member to the office. Mother, grandmother, sister or daughter any and all are invited. Host a feast for them as a sign of appreciation. This initiative will help your business gain quality goodwill among employees while gaining their trust and loyalty as well.
- Professional development opportunities: Women need mentors, and be shown examples of career paths where women like themselves have seen success in advancing. Companies can make this a reality by offering female employees designated mentors and sponsorship initiatives. Organizations like IBM have an initiative called Pathways Program, a multi-faceted initiative that pairs mid-career technical women with career development resources like executive coaches, sponsors, workshops and learning labs.
- Counselling: offers “work life programs” to benefit women which could include, no-cost counselling on personal and family topics, subsidies for offsite day care and the Mothers at Work Program, which provides 24/7 counselling and support.
- Gifting: Gift your employees something that truly makes them happy, be it a service, product or both. This Women’s Day connect with the Strivaasa team to curate a hamper for your super stri’s filled with goodies they would LOVE. We can even host a styling workshop for them on that day. Connect with us on: +91 99999 29168 and make this day special for your Super Stri’s
This year, make one change in your organization to show your support toward your women employees and customers.
Comment below more ideas on how organizations can make changes towards their important women. Can’t wait to hear what you’ll have in store.